Raw materials and application: glass fiber has higher temperature resistance, nonflammability, corrosion resistance, heat insulation, sound insulation, high tensile strength and electrical insulation than organic fiber. But it is brittle and has poor wear resistance. It is used to make reinforced plastics (see color picture) or reinforced rubber. As a reinforcing material, glass fiber has the following characteristics. These characteristics make the use of glass fiber far more extensive than other kinds of fibers. The development speed is also far ahead of its own. The characteristics are listed as follows:
(1) High tensile strength and small elongation (3%).
(2) High elasticity and rigidity.
(3) In the elastic limit, the elongation is large and the tensile strength is high, so the impact energy absorbed is large.
(4) It is an inorganic fiber with good chemical resistance and non flammability.
(5) Low water absorption.
(6) It has good scale stability and heat resistance.
(7) It has good processability and can be used for products of different shapes such as strand, bundle, felt and weaving.
(8) Transparent to light.
(9) Development of surface treatment agent with good adhesion to resin.
(10) It's cheap.
(11) It is not easy to burn and can be melted into small glass beads at high temperature.
National Free Sales Hotline
Address: no.1188, Qianjin East Road, Lushan District, Jiujiang City
Official website of mobile phone